My inspiration

My inspiration
keeping my heart complete...

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where I came from

Today is a new day and I am sober and free, and that says a lot for me. A year ago I was so bad off into drugs, and alcohol. I've been to prison, and I lost one marriage to my wreckless past ways. I am a 28 year old woman, and I have two children whom are in the custody of their father at this point in their lives. I have faith now today and I believe that God has a plan for me. I am traveling down a long road and it isn't gonna be easy all of the time!!! I do however know that everything in life happens for a reason, and I am where I am supposed to be. I just graduated from rehab and moved to Tennessee to live with my sister and brother in law and nephew.Today is a new day and tomorrow is a space for me to grow.As I sit here writing there is apart of me so sad and lonely, but there is a stronger part of me that knows I will one day be reunited with my children, and current husband... I'd have to say that if it wasn't for the faith of my family and their prayers, well I'd probably never made it today. I suffer from Bipolar and PTSD,and Borderline Personality Disorder.I now know that taking my medication and attending meeting regularly keep my mind and spirit in a healthy way. No life isn't perfect, and I battle memories that drive me up the wall, but I am sober today!!!

3 comments:

Misi said...

Hi Jamie, just wanted to say God Bless You on your journey! What an amazing testimony you have.
Keep posting, I'll add you to my reader:-)
XOXO-Misi

Jamie Nalley said...

It's nice to know there is people like you out there that care so much. Since I've found the Lord he keeps blessing me with more loved ones. God Bless It's not easy it's just real

Anonymous said...

amie, Hi! It's Abbe from Citrus, It's great that you are bettering yourself. good luck with your GED' thats great Don't give up !!! Always remember your children love you. They might not say this enough but they do, Belive me my daughter is 21 now, and its great to know she loves me and she looks up to me. So even that your little boy and girl aren't with you right now, they still in their heart love their mom and want her to make a better life for herself. I know first hand.MY daughter went though this with her father and myself. Melissa loves her father no matter what. I sure your children love you the same. When times get hard you have to get tuff and when that's not enough get tuffer . Keep a smile on your face and love in your heart and good thoughts in your mind. When ever you can help some one you should no matter how small or big the help is, it does make a mark in your life. I know it makes me feel good to do good for others. LOVE ABBE