My inspiration

My inspiration
keeping my heart complete...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Graduation is Tomorrow...

Yes I know I am 28 years old and should have graduated High School 10 years ago, but like you all know my past was chaos and very destructive, and I was left with no time for school. The last grade I completed was the 8th grade, and it just so happened that I was able to taking a nursing class and get my CNA. I went to the certified nursing assistant class and graduated, and was so excited to get my state license. Little did I know that my juvenile charges that put me away would also take away my right to be a CNA. I was very upset that my past would follow me as an adult, but the reality of it is, it did!!! So I gave up on education and wanted to be a wife and mother. I did that and never followed my desire to get an education. Now since I am a mother, and a wife I had the desire to become independent with a little, or maybe alot of encouragement from Jen, and Jared. I signed up for GED school two months ago, and took my tests two weeks into my schooling. I passed my GED with flying colors yep, yep and tomorrow is my Graduation. Hey you only graduate from High School once in your life so why not be proud of myself even if it is 10 years later. So I am very excited about tomorrow night. Hey it's a nice ending to my day to be reminded of that. I hope you all have a blessed night.

1 comment:

Brittani said...

I am sooo proud of you. I think it would be WAY HARDER to graduate high school at our age than it was in our teens. Good for you... doing the hard work! Congrats, Grad!